Greetings Baytubers

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
JohnMckroid

Greetings Baytubers

Post by JohnMckroid »

Hello everyone:

My name is John, but McKroid is a nickname from my teenage fishing days(late 70's) in San Pedro, California. I grew up in the South Bay(LA County), and spent about 4 decades there before moving to other parts of the country -- Presently residing in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for about a decade. Most of my family is still in California. I took up Kayak fishing in 2014 and have since been fantasying about returning to the West coast to upgrade some PB's off a kayak. I recognize some members on here from the Big Water's Edge forum which I have been following much closer lately. I won't be able to add much to the local catch reports, but I hope to get to know, share and learn from the brotherhood of kayakers. :lol: , That sounds Corny, :mrgreen: but there is some truth to it. I have family in Escondido, San Pedro, Los Angeles, Los Gatos, and Campbell. I hope to do some kayak fishing on future trips when I go out to visit them. I am also interested in doing a Baja/kayak/camping trip if anyone does that pilgrimage and would not mind an additional yakker? Hopefully, I can participate in one of the monthly halibut tournaments and get to meet some of you.
Cheers
Bellcon

Re: Greetings Baytubers

Post by Bellcon »

John
Welcome to Baytubers
You should have access to the entire site now
Let me know if you have any problems
Site traffic is a bit slow nowadays but we have our moments

Love your Florida post
And you’re more than welcome to fish with us when you come to California
Don
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

Welcome John!

please don't hesitate to share all your knowledge here with us! we're all still learning... hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up in person at a tournament asap...
JohnMckroid

Post by JohnMckroid »

Bellcon wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:19 pm John
Welcome to Baytubers
You should have access to the entire site now
Let me know if you have any problems
Site traffic is a bit slow nowadays but we have our moments

Love your Florida post
And you’re more than welcome to fish with us when you come to California
Don
Awesome! I appreciate being accepted into this group even though I am not local. Thank you Don for the warm welcome.
JohnMckroid

Post by JohnMckroid »

theluckypig wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:32 pm Welcome John!

please don't hesitate to share all your knowledge here with us! we're all still learning... hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up in person at a tournament asap...
Thanks James!

I think we are all still learning. Although I am now in a different fishery, I am glad to share what has worked for me, Don't hesitate to ask about anything. I have yet to look around this site but have read some of your archived fish reports from BWE. Very impressive Halibut catches! -- Congrats!