hey new guys (or gals)...!

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
theluckypig

hey new guys (or gals)...!

Post by theluckypig »

if you want to know what baytubers is about, really, you'll need to show up and fish the monthly tournaments... it's friendly (and competitive...), and the guys are great about sharing knowledge and laughs...

a couple things to consider:

i was at the fred hall show and took in a seminar with our own "team sewer" (greg "gregandrew", tony "fulrac", and jorge "jorluivil"), and jorge was asked from a brand new kayak angler about the best way to set up his new kayak. i though jorge had a great response, he basically said first thing, make sure you have all the basic kayak safety gear, know how to use it, and secondly, always fish with a friend or group... i think that really sums it up well... for a newbie, that's what you need to do... when i was new, i was the only "kayak fishing addict" i knew... the monthly tournaments is where i was able to learn about kayak safety, gear selection, rigging your kayak, rigging your lines, specific fishing techniques, understanding the intricacies of certain locations, handling your catches, and so much more... the old guards look out for the newer guys (just use common sense and be respectful), and the more i showed up, the more i learned... and still do...

make sure to checkout the "tournament rules" section, the "how to catch a halibut" section, and checkout mrgregandrew on youtube (he has excellent videos demonstrating how to land a halibut on a kayak...), and ask questions... we were all new once...

see you on the water!

james "theluckypig"
Slayersmith

Re: hey new guys (or gals)...!

Post by Slayersmith »

What he said :)
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

hey i forgot to mention that Dave Pliska wrote a very detailed article on catching halibut in the "how to catch halibut" section... this is a must read! Check it out!
Starsky

Post by Starsky »

Thanks for the kind welcome, looking forward to meeting you guys this Saturday!
-Sal