Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - Sunday, October 10, 2021 - Redondo Beach Kayak Launch

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
theluckypig

Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - Sunday, October 10, 2021 - Redondo Beach Kayak Launch

Post by theluckypig »

Date: Sunday, October 10, 2021

Place: Redondo Beach Kayak Launch

Time: 5:30am launch, 1:00pm final weigh-in

Anglers:
1. theluckypig
2. sandybeach
3. Bellcon - Drinks
4. Caden
5. jruiz - Plates, napkins , table
6. Roby - Grill, meat, buns, condiments

Rules: ONLY 24"+ Halibut will count for fish submissions (The GregAndrew Halibut Preservation Rule). All DFW rules & regulations apply - $20 entry (money between friends situation) - Single biggest (by weight) halibut wins total - A tie results in a split of the winnings - 1 pound per minute deduction on late fish (after 1 pm) - If no halibut are caught, the entry fees stay in the pot and rollover for the next month's tournament. Winner earns the title of, and will be addressed as: "CHAMP", until the next winner...

Social distancing and mask wearing is encouraged...

Note: Please get there early for sign ups, or find the tournament director on the water at ch 69. Make sure to have all necessary safety gear. Be aware of the reserve areas (no fishing). A radio is strongly recommended. This is a money between friends situation, let's keep it simple and friendly. Any issues or decisions are to be resolved by the tournament director.

*Please note that if the weather/surf conditions are sketchy, or we hear of a wide open bite... we may change the location as necessary...

Let's plan to Potluck for lunch afterwards, indicate what you can bring when signing up.

All Levels of experience are welcome! Fish, Compete, Be Safe, and have Fun!
theluckypig

Re: Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - Sunday, October 10, 2021 - Redondo Beach Kayak Launch

Post by theluckypig »

We're thinking of doing a paddle-out for Tony. Maybe meeting on the water at 6? Thoughts?
Bellcon

Re: Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - Sunday, October 10, 2021 - Redondo Beach Kayak Launch

Post by Bellcon »

theluckypig wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:04 am We're thinking of doing a paddle-out for Tony. Maybe meeting on the water at 6? Thoughts?
I like the idea James, A tournament / memorial paddle out would be a cool way of paying respects to Fulrac and his family.

maybe all entry fees go to Tonys mom?
and or we can gather separate donations?
Grego

Post by Grego »

I have a one day charter with work on Saturday, so I won't be able to make this one, but I may show up to meet you guys after with my son.

The CHAMP
Caden

Post by Caden »

I’m in
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

Grego wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:57 pm The CHAMP
yup!
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

I don't think I've fished Redondo all summer. IN
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Looks like we are going to try and have some food after fishing :mrgreen:
Good idea Roby
old school!
I got drinks
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

chips and snacks
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

RESULTS?

I believe we ended up with 9 anglers on Sunday?
we also had a few more people show up for the after fishing pot luck
thanks for setting it up Roby, almost forgot how fun the tradition was, lets try and keep it going

We started with a memorial paddle out for Tony, a few words were said and respects were paid by all, you'll be missed brother.

Fishing?
Well NO halibuts were harmed in the making of this "Halibut Tournament" but that's not to say we didn't have quite a few "tight lines"
I believe the number of large Soupfin sharks caught was 8... I had the pleasure of fighting 3 myself soooooo much fun :roll: :roll: :roll:
But no halibut and plenty sharks couldn't ruin our day 8-)
was great fishing with you guys again
Looking forward to the next one!