Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - 09/12/21 - Cabrillo Beach / LA Harbor

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
theluckypig

Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - 09/12/21 - Cabrillo Beach / LA Harbor

Post by theluckypig »

Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - Sunday, September 12, 2021 - Cabrillo Beach / LA Harbor

Date: Sunday, September 12, 2021

Place: Cabrillo Boat Launch

Time: 5:30am launch, 1:00pm final weigh-in

Anglers:
1. theluckypig
2. sandybeach
3. grego
4. bellcon
5. gregandrew
6. paintnfish
7. Caden

Rules: All DFW rules & regulations apply - $20 entry (money between friends situation) - Single biggest (by weight) halibut wins total - A tie results in a split of the winnings - 1 pound per minute deduction on late fish (after 1 pm) - If no halibut are caught, the entry fees stay in the pot and rollover for the next month's tournament.

Social distancing and mask wearing is encouraged...

Note: Please get there early for sign ups, or find the tournament director on the water at ch 69. Make sure to have all necessary safety gear. Be aware of the reserve areas (no fishing). A radio is strongly recommended. This is a money between friends situation, let's keep it simple and friendly. Any issues or decisions are to be resolved by the tournament director.

*Please note that if the weather/surf conditions are sketchy, or we hear of a wide open bite... we may change the location as necessary...

Let's plan to Potluck for lunch afterwards, indicate what you can bring when signing up.

All Levels of experience are welcome! Fish, Compete, Be Safe, and have Fun!
Bellcon

Re: Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - 09/12/21 - Cabrillo Beach / LA Harbor

Post by Bellcon »

Cabrillo?
Donde esta?
Can I get some directions :lol:
I’m in
Bellcon

Re: Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament - 09/12/21 - Cabrillo Beach / LA Harbor

Post by Bellcon »

Oh and will bring a cooler full of water and
Drinks
Maybe a couple Coronas in there 8-)
JohnMckroid

Post by JohnMckroid »

Bellcon wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 pm Cabrillo?
Donde esta?
Can I get some directions :lol:
I’m in
LOL that has to be the closest launch de su casa? Maybe a 10-minute drive? -- convenient.
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

If I drive slow it takes 10 minutes
:mrgreen:
Grego

Post by Grego »

You know what...I think I"m going to make this one ? I might need some help getting the yak off the truck and stuff if someone can give me a hand, I still have to worry about hernia since I had my ileostomy reversal.

No idea if my equipment works - fish finder and bait tank, but I figure if they don't work I can just follow Don around and mooch bait and spots off of him :lol:

Lemme see who I can round up to come out...
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Grego wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:32 pm You know what...I think I"m going to make this one ? I might need some help getting the yak off the truck and stuff if someone can give me a hand, I still have to worry about hernia since I had my ileostomy reversal.

No idea if my equipment works - fish finder and bait tank, but I figure if they don't work I can just follow Don around and mooch bait and spots off of him :lol:

Lemme see who I can round up to come out...
I got yer back brother
Be great to see you
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Grego any luck rounding up some of the guys?
Grego

Post by Grego »

Ron and Gabe are still thinking about it....Aaron and Pliska have plans already
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Grego wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:03 pm Ron and Gabe are still thinking about it....Aaron and Pliska have plans already
Aaron is probably shooting birds
Pliska is probably playing soccer

Gabe and Ron? come on boys that would be a cool site to see!