Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament, March 13th, 2021 - Dana Point Landing (the paid parking lot)

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
roby

Re: Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament, March 13th, 2021 - Dana Point Landing (the paid parking lot)

Post by roby »

I'll bring a table, paper plates, napkins, and some cookies
Bellcon

Re: Baytubers Monthly Halibut Tournament, March 13th, 2021 - Dana Point Landing (the paid parking lot)

Post by Bellcon »

Damn you guys are killing me

At least you ain’t taking my $$$ :lol:
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

theluckypig wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:01 pm we'll bring chips and dips
well... maybe not dips...
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

Bellcon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:40 pm Damn you guys are killing me

At least you ain’t taking my $$$ :lol:
i'll have to take over some of the pics responsibilities... next month Don...
Caden

Post by Caden »

C u guys tmr and I chip in some $
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Well?
Who got the big one?
:?
theluckypig

Results

Post by theluckypig »

We had seven (plus one, Caden's boy) baytubers on the hunt for big butts..

Some went north, some south... Bait was not plentiful but eeked out some... The wind, waves, and currents were all up to a mildly irritating level... there were dolphin and whales... there was even an air show overhead... but alas, not a single halibut... a tough day on the water...

But, the best part of the day was the potluck! Jorge grilled up some fantastic burgers and dogs! It was just like old time... normalcy... sharing knowledge, telling and re-telling of stories, laughing, a little drama about breaking up the party, and even a surprise visit from Tony! It really was like old times... or the new times...

Thank you to Jorge for making sure we had a potluck! And, to everyone for participating! Sorry Don couldn't make it, but we're doing it again next month...

A few pics:

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg
image8.jpeg
image9.jpeg
image11.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roby

Post by roby »

I went as shallow as 6 feet but I couldn't get a halibut or any fish to play. Great to be on the water as usual. I vote for George to cook again next time.