5/7/16 Redondo Beach MBF Results

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Bellcon

5/7/16 Redondo Beach MBF Results

Post by Bellcon »

RESULTS? we suck there's your results :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously...

We had 13 cool angler dudes show up for today’s mbf in search of the elusive paralichthys californicus.
1. Pino
2. Greg
3. Tony
4. John
5. James
6. Frank
7. Robert
8. Derrick
9. Rick
10. Don
11. Marvin
12. Kevin
13. Jorge

The fish were biting today, a lot of by catch reports just none of the “right kind”. I don’t think I remember 2 tournaments in a row where everyone was skunked and there was no winner. So Jorge is still the champ and we are all still in a halibut catching slump… :shock:

The conditions were a mix of glassy water, cloudy skys and rain with very little sunshine; it was a beautiful day over all.

Bait was easily made almost everywhere all day long but the halibut won again and avoided all our best efforts.
The usually chatter on 69 was flowing minus the married with children trivia and some long periods of silence which had us wondering what Tony caught.

The pot luck was again outstanding with everyone pitching in and Bill serving up warm soup and his famous dip even though he couldn’t get out today, Thanks Bill!
It was great sharing the water with you guys today, hope we get this halibut fishing thing figured out soon, we all look like a bunch newbs… :roll:

Here are some pics of the day.

Bait for miles all day. On the surface and sonar.

A couple nice tuggers caught today

Love fishing in a warm rain

Tough Guy

Roby had the right idea. Yummy!

Thats all folks...
NEXT STOP
LA JOLLA HERE WE COME
theluckypig

Re: 5/7/16 Redondo Beach MBF Results

Post by theluckypig »

it was fun fishing with you all! the fishing was so slow, by 9, all i could think about was the potluck... good times!
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

Looking forward to next months tournament, it'll be my first!
Starsky

Post by Starsky »

Great job out there, eventually the butts will come out, hopefully can make the next one, looks like good times as always!
-Sal
iceman

Post by iceman »

Crazy!......still looks like fun to me.
pino

Post by pino »

Great being out there with you guys ,after the rain storm it turned into a really nice day, no fishes but the food was great. :D until the next one may it be better.
gregandrew

Post by gregandrew »

Still having flashbacks to all the food on the 2 tables.
Darknachos

Post by Darknachos »

My back has just started getting better from all that paddling. My stupid seat kept sliding down and I did not get any back support. I sewed the straps in place, so hopefully this solves the problem.

Team Sewer cleaned Redondo out of all the spawning halibut in February, nearest halibut was probably 15 miles away.
Slayersmith

Post by Slayersmith »

Cool on the water shots! Bummer no fish!
FishTaco

Post by FishTaco »

Sorry to hear the Halibut weren't cooperating. Fishing-wise, looks like I didn't miss much... though would've been nice to hang out on the water with you guys... Instead I was home busy in my kitchen prepping for a dinner with friends Saturday night... Our friends in Encino hosted a "Paella & Vinyl Night" whereby we brought a bunch of old LPs to play, and made paella for everyone.

Came out good and was fun to hear some of my old LPs I hadn't listened to in nearly 26 years I've been dragging them around... lol...

Sausage & Chicken Paella
Prawns, Squid, and Chicken Paella

Just think how good it would be when I can finally make it with fresh caught Halibut! :mrgreen:

Hope to see you guys on the water soon! Tight lines!

- Ken
K. Nowicki
Bozeman, MT
2011 Malibu Stealth 14