Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
hookemnow

Post by hookemnow »

Hey guys,

my name is Juan. I just purchased a lifetime kayak angler edition. I've made some modifications to it. I added a anchoring rope on the side to anchor better. I also added a fish finder. The other modification is I added a trolling motor to the kayak. I also made my own cart out of PVC pipes. So i think I'm all set up the problem is that i dont know anyone else that has a kayak.....and yes I am kind of scare of going out to see alone. cabrillo Beach is the closes place for me. I need a kayak fishing buddy(ies)
JohnG

Re: newbie

Post by JohnG »

Welcome to Baytubers !
Grego

Post by Grego »

Welcome to Baytubers!

Since you added a trolling motor you converted it to a "boat" under state regs and will need to register it with the DMV and have your license number stuck on or painted on. I believe there are minimum size fonts you need to use and where it needs to be placed.

I have a porta-bote also....if and when I ever get that back and fish with it I'll let you know! I might take it up to mammoth this year!
gregandrew

Post by gregandrew »

Welcome. Alost everybody gets their feet wet in the harbors while becoming accustomed to their kayaks. Make sure that you can get your yak upright with the trolling motor and battery in it, and get back aboard. Does the motor have a kill switch in the event you become separated from the yak? On the weekends you should not have any problem finding kayak fishermen in Cabrillo through the summer.