Intro

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
jhernandez

Intro

Post by jhernandez »

Hope everyone is doing good, well my name is John Hernandez and I recently started kayak fishing about 2 months ago when I purchased a Hobie Revo 13. I first started fishing back in 2012 when I returned from my 3rd deployment overseas and PTSD was kicking my ass, someone told me maybe I should try fishing which I was concerned that a sport that involves me being alone sometimes might not help with anything and remembering my dad fishing along with all his friends did not seem like something that will help but despite everything I gave it a shot and who would have known that solitary and the rod bends would be the key to helping me deal with my PTSD and of course the few anglers who approached me shared their knowledge with me. the fishing world seemed to be just like the military you have those few that are willing to share their knowledge and help you grow and then there's those that keep their knowledge a secret but at the end of the day fishing creates a big family just like the military.
Bellcon

Re: Intro

Post by Bellcon »

welcome to Baytubers John
where do you fish most often?
FishTaco

Post by FishTaco »

Welcome to Baytubers John, and thank you for your service to our country!

I haven't been as active here as I would''ve liked these last several months, but sometimes life gets in the way of things. Anyway, I hope to re-engage this group soon... perhaps at one of the next monthly outings (tournaments) if they're still doing them? Perhaps I'll see you on the water... I'm in a desert camo Malibu Stealth 14 with a BassYaks motor on the back, if you see me, be sure to give me a shout!

- Ken (aka - "Fish Taco")
K. Nowicki
Bozeman, MT
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
jhernandez

Post by jhernandez »

Bellcon wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 pm welcome to Baytubers John
where do you fish most often?
Hey thanks for a warm welcome, I just started so I have fished Alamitos Bay and Cabrillo beach both a few times.
jhernandez

Post by jhernandez »

FishTaco wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm Welcome to Baytubers John, and thank you for your service to our country!

I haven't been as active here as I would''ve liked these last several months, but sometimes life gets in the way of things. Anyway, I hope to re-engage this group soon... perhaps at one of the next monthly outings (tournaments) if they're still doing them? Perhaps I'll see you on the water... I'm in a desert camo Malibu Stealth 14 with a BassYaks motor on the back, if you see me, be sure to give me a shout!

- Ken (aka - "Fish Taco")
I know how that is life doesnt stop and sometimes making time to hit the water gets hard, Hopefully we can meet up soon, I have a blue Hobie Revo 13 basic setup nothing fancy yet lol,