New to kayak fishing in SoCal

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
BigJay

New to kayak fishing in SoCal

Post by BigJay »

My name is jay. Just bought a perception pescador and I'm ready to fish . I Have fished most of my life But never from a kayak. Looking to meet others on here to help with any questions or concerns I have and also hopefully make friends that I can fish with.
Grego

Re: New to kayak fishing in SoCal

Post by Grego »

cool....let's see some pics of that thing....never seen one, I don't recall anyhow. Where did you pick it up from?
BigJay

Post by BigJay »

How Do I Post A Pic?
Grego

Post by Grego »

Make an account at photobucket.com. It's Free

http://beta.photobucket.com/?fromLegacy=true

Copy the web address link to the photo that you upload to your new photobucket account and then click the "Img" button you see above and paste the link.
BigJay

Post by BigJay »

BigJay

Post by BigJay »

I got it on Craigslist. Stoked to get it in the water. I like that its a blank canvas for me. Get to rig it up the way I want. Less is more IMHO.
Grego

Post by Grego »

Very nice! Yum Yum Yellow! (joke that sharks like that color best)

It kind of looks like a Malibu eXtreme. Less is best also....keep it simple. Spend some time on the water before you start adding everything under the moon. If you need rigging ideas ask in the regular forums (I see you've already visited the rigging forum). Unfortunately we lost all of our post recently so we're starting over again. But ask away in the forum and guys will jump in and give you their opinions and help. Don't be afraid to ask for pics/examples or how to do something. Don't forget to keep a red flag/rag tied to the end if you transport that way....chp can give you a ticket.

Andy (Iceman) runs OEX in huntington beach....he can help you with a lot of accessories and also custom rigging if you need help.
BigJay

Post by BigJay »

I Will Do That. And Thank YOu For The Advice
JohnG

Post by JohnG »

Jay ,
Welcome to Baytubers . Nice yak you got there .
BigJay

Post by BigJay »

Thanks JohnG
JohnG wrote:Jay ,
Welcome to Baytubers . Nice yak you got there .