New to Kayak Fishing

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
M4TT

New to Kayak Fishing

Post by M4TT »

Hi All,

My name is Matt and i'm out of the LA area and completely new to kayak fishing. I'm actually picking up my kayak this weekend from OEX (jackson kraken). If anyone would like to let me tag along some time and show me the ropes, that'd be awesome. :bluefin:
Bellcon

Re: New to Kayak Fishing

Post by Bellcon »

Hey Matt
Welcome to Baytubers
Are you buying from OEX Sunset beach? Andy? The Iceman? 8-)
Thats a great start right there make sure he gives you some free advice on fishing :mrgreen:

You will now have access to the site so
Just post up when you get ready and want to hit the water, I am sure someone will be out there
and company is almost always welcome
Don
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

welcome matt,

we have a baytubers monthly tournament that is a great place to meet up with other kayak anglers and share... see you there.

james "theluckypig"
FishTaco

Post by FishTaco »

Hey Matt... Welcome! I'm relatively new here as well (just started getting more involved lately) and it's a good group for sure. What part of LA are you in? I'm in the South Bay (Redondo Beach) myself and although not entirely new to kayak fishing, I'm still new to kayak fishing in this area. Enjoy your new Kraken... that's a damn nice boat... I've demo'd it once at OEX and have my eye on it in case I get around to upgrading from my Malibu Stealth. Let us know how you like it!

- Ken "Fish Taco"
K. Nowicki
Bozeman, MT
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
M4TT

Post by M4TT »

thanks guys! i look forward to fishing with everyone! unfortunately i'm still in the process of getting all my stuff. VHF, PFD, paddle, bait tank, fish finder..i feel like the list is never ending haha.
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

M4TT wrote:thanks guys! i look forward to fishing with everyone! unfortunately i'm still in the process of getting all my stuff. VHF, PFD, paddle, bait tank, fish finder..i feel like the list is never ending haha.
it does seem that way... it sounds like you're doing it the right way. after 6 years, i've finally gotten to the place where i feel i have TOO MUCH stuff... i'm a bit of a gear hoarder...