soflo transplant

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
tstephens3232

soflo transplant

Post by tstephens3232 »

In a nut shell: Grew up fishing tournaments, fished on private boats professionally for a few years. Went back to school got a big boy job which brought me out to cali. Been here for a few years now miss the fishing and family more than anything. Hard to justify paying to go on a party boat, I've been spoiled and paid to fish my whole life. So I turned to the kayak bc a buddy had one I could use whenever. Now I'm addicted. Just got a native slayer propel. I live in long beach and primarily fish Cabrillo and Dana but will start going to LJ more often.
Bellcon

Re: soflo transplant

Post by Bellcon »

Welcome to Baytubers
Sounds like you could teach us a few things.
From San Pedro here right over the bridge,
LJ cant be beat in my book but there some fun to be had around here locally for sure!
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

hey tommy it was good meeting you at the tournament, and i'm sure you could show us how they do things on the east coast... next time you're thinking of hitting cabrillo on the open side let me know... it's time i get out there and see what's there...
tstephens3232

Post by tstephens3232 »

Bellcon wrote:Welcome to Baytubers
Sounds like you could teach us a few things.
From San Pedro here right over the bridge,
LJ cant be beat in my book but there some fun to be had around here locally for sure!
I don't know about any teaching, never fished out of a kayak till I came over here, still never seen a WSB and I've caught 1 halibut. It's been all yellow tails and tuna's.

Definitely trying to get to LJ soon, maybe even this weekend.