Allow myself to introduce....myself

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
Baloofin22

Allow myself to introduce....myself

Post by Baloofin22 »

Hey gang,
Just got a kayak. 15ft, Cobra. Currently rigging it up to fish inside the breakwall in Long Beach and every inch of bay from there to down to newport. I've been familiar with baytubers since all you guys were actually in float tubes. And I used to tag along with my pops (smelt4bait) on a few tournaments at Cabrillo. He won a few. Has a 4ft trophy at the house. I'm here to gather and share info on rigging and fishing around the southern shores. Been fishing since I was in diapers, and I've caught everything but the elusive ghost. Hope I can figure that one out this year. I might be up for some tournaments once I wrap my head around the whole kayaking gig. Looking forward to contributing to the success of you fellow anglers. Until next time.

Branden
Baloofin22
Bellcon

Re: Allow myself to introduce....myself

Post by Bellcon »

Welcome back to Baytubers Branden
I think your father was the only Big Summer Tournament winner that was still in a tube.
look forward to your reports, maybe we can help get you on that wsb...
Smelt4bait

Re: Allow myself to introduce....myself

Post by Smelt4bait »

Hey guys, How are you all doing? Yup that was me, the one of two tubers in that tournament that summer. I got lucky after kicking my way to the bait barge and fishing the kelp line by the pilings and the drop off.
I just helped Branden hook up a fishfinder in the kayak and expect him to have quite a few reports coming. Lucky guy is self employed and easily can put fishing ahead of his work schedule. I bet it wont be long before he become a regular out here.

As for me, it's work work work, no play or fishing time. Last time I was out was the bug opener this season for 3 comfortable keepers and a constant battle with the sea dogs. Ther is a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and this summer my get me back on the water more. I'll try not to be such a stranger and just lurk the site.

See you on the water (fingers crossed)
ERIK Smelt4bait