Fish On

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
AbetheAngler

Fish On

Post by AbetheAngler »

Hello everyone, my name is Abraham. I'm 20 years old, a student, and I love to fish. I first got into fishing as a kid when I learned the basics and got hooked to the sport. I drifted a bit in high school since my pops moved away and I had no way to get to the water and fish, nor did I have anyone in my immediate group of friends that were interested, so it wasn't until I got my own car and gear that I got into the sport again. I usually just go to the beach and fish the surf. Eventually I caught my first halibut and since then I have been itching to catch some more, and I heard off a kayak is one of the best ways. I bought an entry level recreational kayak just so I could get out into some harbors and start casting. I'm aiming to upgrade to a Hobie later on. I've been scouting a few places, Huntington Harbor being the most recent and I'm ready to go. Thanks to Andy from the OEX kayak shop I heard about this forum and I'm glad that there's a kayak fishing community out there. Can't wait to be a part of it. Stay casting everyone.
Bellcon

Re: Fish On

Post by Bellcon »

Welcome to Baytubers!
Yeah that Andy guy is pretty cool 8-)
kayaone

Re: Fish On

Post by kayaone »

Abe,
I am new to this forum as well. I have a very similar story as yours...I got my old light line trout gear out and started fishing the surf. Then, I caught my first barely legal hali at 22.1111 inches and something clicked! I then started looking at kayaks because I had to get on the water. Welcome to the addiction as I've been on the kayak for about 2+ years now.
I am down in SD so when you are ready to hit some SD spots hit me up.

"kaya_one"
Jamie