New to BayTubers

Baytubers is a private online community of kayak fishermen. Please say "hi" and tell us a little bit about yourself.
NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.
UlaHei

New to BayTubers

Post by UlaHei »

Hello everyone,

My name is Gary, new to this board. I've been fishing So Cal for over 40 years. I started yak fishing about 12 years ago, but have not paddled in the last 4. I have a Cobra Tourer 15 and a Native Ultimate 14.5 Propel. Getting rid of these yaks real soon with intensions of buying a Native Mariner Propel 10. Getting tougher to load and store the long boats as I get older. Hopefully the shorter yak will get me out on the water more often.

I live in Fountain Valley and mainly fish Alamitos, Huntington, Newport, and occasionally Redondo.

I work in Irvine and cross the PCH bridge over Newport Harbor every evening. I can't wait to get the ten foot yak so I can throw it in the back of my truck, then hit the bay after work on Fridays.

I also have a 19' aluminum Klamath Baja Runner used mainly for inshore fishing and hooping.

My screen name "UlaHei" is Hawaiian for lobster in a net. Yes, I do enjoy hooping. Used to hoop a lot from my yak, but the last 5 years or so it has all been from boat.

Hope to see some of you on the water soon.
Bellcon

Re: New to BayTubers

Post by Bellcon »

Hi Gary,
Welcome to Baytubers.
I feel the same way about my Hobie PA 14,
It is a great boat once on the water, but the thing is a pain in the butt to load and unload