Tournament Results - 5/5/13 Redondo Beach

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Grego

Tournament Results - 5/5/13 Redondo Beach

Post by Grego »

Since I have the photos I'll do the results. We had 14 people enter the tournament. Pretty good since the weather was predicted to be 2-3 foot swells at 8 seconds with wind waves at 1-2 and winds from the south south/east at 10-25 knots with a chance of rain. The winds didn't turn out that bad and the swell didn't come to form as predicted. It was bad enough to make catching a slow day for all........except for one! Congratulations to StinkyMatt for his WHOPPER OF A BUTT.....25" and 5.84lbs :P Don't laugh too hard though, that was a $280 fish!

Group Photos after the BBQ of carne and pollo asada, thanks Andy Acevedo! and thanks to everyone else who brought something to share!

It really wasn't that small....really :roll:

And a big Happy Birthday to Big Buttman Greg Andrew....hoping for many more years of great video footage!

Bellcon

Re: Tournament Results - 5/5/13 Redondo Beach

Post by Bellcon »

Beat me to it, but very well done Grego, Thanks!

Your right Greg, that halibut almost looks legal in the pic :mrgreen:
Congrats Matt on taking home the money, just like you said you would

Yep it was slow slow slow, I did manage a couple of handfuls of fish, just not the right kind
Handful #1=

Handful #2=

Bait was easy to make, mini macks, sardines and spanish, after loading the tank I quickly put away the squid and promptly started catching nothing...

Group shot, 14 anglers... all the kittens stayed home :lol:;

Thanks Andy for the killer grub and big thanks to Aaron for manning the grill, you saved the day!

I thought it was Grego's Birthday?

NEXT STOP ON THE 2013 BAYTUBERS TOURNAMENT SERIES;
LA JOLLA 8/25/13
WHATCHA COOKING MATT?
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Well deserved Matt. You beat quite a few proven Hali killers. I saw many work their tails off trying to win this thing and you did it. Cool to meet all of you today. All of the food and camaraderie made the trip up worthwhile. Jim
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

Fishing tournaments are officially ruined.

Good job, Mattt!
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

Not my kind of day

AndyACE

Post by AndyACE »

Thanks Aaron for hooking it up with the grill! Very much appreciated. Thanks to all who showed up, ended up being a decent day, slow fishin though.

Congrats Matt!
Last edited by AndyACE on Sun May 05, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

good times all! congrats Matt! happy birthday Greg! now, where are the damn big butts! :x
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Forgot a pic, who are these dudes? :D
mrruiz23

Post by mrruiz23 »

This was my first time fishing on a Kayak and had a GREAT time! Didn't catch anything but the expierence and company of you all was well worth it. I have to say I'm am hooked. I have been non stop on websites about kayak fishing since I got home. :D let me clarify somthing: I did catch somthing and it was leg cramps :lol: congrats to Matt for winning, hats off to the Aaron the cook and Andy for the food. Must say that rock crab looked awesome :D
roby

Post by roby »

If you look at the pics carefully, Don's sand dab is actually bigger than the winning hali by an inch or so. Hell, Jorge's crab should have taken the money.

Congrats Stinky!!!