Mission Bay Classic

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Bellcon

Mission Bay Classic

Post by Bellcon »

Who is in for this one?
Should be a blast and Heros On the Water is an awesome organization!

Check it out over BWE:
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/show ... hp?t=30116

Another opportunity to show off your halibut skills or bass if your into it, and support a great cause.
HuntersPa

Re: Mission Bay Classic

Post by HuntersPa »

I'm signed up & paid, but whether I get to go is still up in the air pending kid activities. May end up helping out instead of fishing, I don't know.

Anyone have any intel on parking with small trailers? Would rather not try to put my PA up on top of the SUV if I can help it. Getting older sucks
iceman

Post by iceman »

Thanks Don! Somehow forgot to spread the word here. This is always a feel good day for everyone attending! :D
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Well?
HOW... did it go?
tattuna

Post by tattuna »

It was a good time with great weather. Good turn out it seemed with a few familiar faces mixed in. I left early but didn't hear of any halibut caught. Sounded like bass were tough for most, but I did pretty well. Released 8 or 9 shorts and 3 legals at 1.4, 1.6, and 1.7 lbs. Didn't have a livewell so I just weighed and released, never called the weigh boat. Sounds like I would've won with 4.1 lbs total. Biggest bag was under 4 lbs last I heard, but I didn't stick around long enough to hear what the winning bag weighed. Was good to dust off the yak and hang with the old crew for a while.
iceman

Post by iceman »

Good to see you able to fish these! You would have placed 2nd! Danny weighed 4-04..........you would have been the only one to weigh in 3 fish though he had a 1-12 and 2-8, he got big bass too.

Can not believe the lack of halibut again this year. Made a pile of money for HOW this time over $5000 in the raffle, $3000 in entries and Eric N pulled out a $5000 check that has them just about covered for the year. thanks to those that attended and those that signed up knowing they could not!
HuntersPa

Post by HuntersPa »

Really nice day on the water. I opted for the halibut division and caught two, but they were both 16 inches. Should have stapled them together to make a legal.

Great lunch and always good to see familiar faces and catch up. No luck in the raffle for me this year. oh well, donations to a great cause.
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

Wish I could have made it
Who got the halibut painting?
I wanted to bid on that one bad
HuntersPa

Post by HuntersPa »

Bellcon wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:43 pm Wish I could have made it
Who got the halibut painting?
I wanted to bid on that one bad