BIGGEST HALIBUT OF 2013 LEADER BOARD

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
FishTaco

Re: BIGGEST HALIBUT OF 2013 LEADER BOARD

Post by FishTaco »

Not to jack this thread or anything, but from someone fairly new still to yak fishing... what do you guys normally do with your catch with something like that? I mean do you drop it over the side tethered to your game clip? Or do you hoist it up onto your deck and call it a day and paddle/peddle home? What if you want to keep on fishing? Just curious is all.

- Ken
K. Nowicki
Bozeman, MT
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

HuntersPa wrote:wayt u yoosed bayt and a reeyul try tu feesh lyk rel man in opun wtar wit just lyn and huk not fancee bayt wy nut try lyk cayvman wyth just club

AWESOME FISH!
yakjoe? is that you?
Gabe

Post by Gabe »

jorluivil wrote:
HuntersPa wrote:wayt u yoosed bayt and a reeyul try tu feesh lyk rel man in opun wtar wit just lyn and huk not fancee bayt wy nut try lyk cayvman wyth just club

AWESOME FISH!
yakjoe? is that you?
LOL!
Congrats Jorge. I heard your screams from the other side of the harbor just when I had landed my measly 22#er

Gabe
HuntersPa

Post by HuntersPa »

jorluivil wrote:

AWESOME FISH!
yakjoe? is that you?

HAHAHAAHAHAHA.

Great fish guys. I need to tag along to figure out what the &^%&^%$ I'm doing wrong.
JohnG

Post by JohnG »

You the man, how did i miss tha 40 lber... :o
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

FishTaco wrote:Not to jack this thread or anything, but from someone fairly new still to yak fishing... what do you guys normally do with your catch with something like that? I mean do you drop it over the side tethered to your game clip? Or do you hoist it up onto your deck and call it a day and paddle/peddle home? What if you want to keep on fishing? Just curious is all.

- Ken
You can let it hang on the game clip but you need to keep your eyes open and watch out for seals, if they get a hold of it not only will you lose the fish but chances are you'll also be taking a salt bath and I'm not talking about the kind that get you all weird. If you decide to throw it on your deck I would suggest you cover it with something wet like a burlap sack, a towel or a t-shirt, don't leave it baking in the sun. Fortunately, for me, my 45pounder was caught less than one hour before the weigh-in time so it was straight to the launch after catching it.
FishTaco

Post by FishTaco »

jorluivil wrote:
FishTaco wrote:Not to jack this thread or anything, but from someone fairly new still to yak fishing... what do you guys normally do with your catch with something like that? I mean do you drop it over the side tethered to your game clip? Or do you hoist it up onto your deck and call it a day and paddle/peddle home? What if you want to keep on fishing? Just curious is all.

- Ken
You can let it hang on the game clip but you need to keep your eyes open and watch out for seals, if they get a hold of it not only will you lose the fish but chances are you'll also be taking a salt bath and I'm not talking about the kind that get you all weird. If you decide to throw it on your deck I would suggest you cover it with something wet like a burlap sack, a towel or a t-shirt, don't leave it baking in the sun. Fortunately, for me, my 45pounder was caught less than one hour before the weigh-in time so it was straight to the launch after catching it.
Thanks for the info... I bought one of those insulated fish bags that fit on top of the front hull when I lived in NY for big stripers but never got a chance to use it... it's big, and makes it near impossible to access the front hatch if you needed to get in there for anything... perhaps I'll try using it here in SoCal, maybe toss some frozen bottles of water in there before heading out. I'd hate to have a sea dog make a lunch out of my game clip (would hate it even more if the damn dog caused me to flip!)...

Tight lines,

- Ken
K. Nowicki
Bozeman, MT
2011 Malibu Stealth 14