Cambria Slam Down II (CSDII) 9-21-13

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Rhyak

Cambria Slam Down II (CSDII) 9-21-13

Post by Rhyak »

Will post more details by summer once it gets closer, but this is a good chance to get up to the Central Coast and bring the family and get some fishing, eating and relaxing in for the weekend. Ill post sponsors up as they come in.

Team Central Coast Kayak Fishing
PRO-CURE BAIT SCENT PRO STAFF
Big Hammer VIP
Rhyak

Re: Cambria Slam Down II (CSDII) 9-21-13

Post by Rhyak »

Here is a link for the sign up forms not sure if its possible to post a PDF to this forum.
http://centralcoastkayakfishing.com/cck ... 8#msg10628

Here our the sponsors for the Cambria Slam Down II that we have so far, Click on the image to visit there site and view there products.

Big Hammer VIP
Rhyak

Post by Rhyak »

Sponsors for the Cambria Slam Down II, Click on the image to visit there site and view there products.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image
Big Hammer VIP
Rhyak

Post by Rhyak »

Winner will receive this set up.

Big Hammer VIP
Rhyak

Re: Outback Grand Prize for CSD II

Post by Rhyak »

Its coming up soon guys and gals. Lets get those registration in early to make the planning easier.
Sponsors include Central Coast Standup Paddling, Been There Caught That, YakAttack, Ahi and Promar, Ifixit, Denmans King Tackle, Waterbug Rescue Ladder, Sealect Designs, Flexx-rap, Kelp Clothing, Bending Branches, Scotty, X1 Audio, Grizzly coolers, Polar Bear coolers, B2 Squid, Sea Specs, Big Hammer and Pro Cure Bait Scents

1. All DFW rules must be followed – I’m not providing them here, and you are obligated to know and follow them. The group will not defend irresponsible/illegal actions by a participant. This includes having possession of a CA fishing license be prepared to show your current fishing license, at registration.
2. Safety- Please use safe boating at all times be considerate of other paddlers and power boaters at the launch and OTW. During competition each contestant is required to comply with US Coast Guard regulations. In addition, participants must wear a PFD at all times while competing in the event and be in possession of a sounding device. As well as must have a teammate. Teams can be from 2-4 kayak buddies. Never paddle off without your partner. Your team must have a working VHF radio in your possession while on the water. Coast Guard rules apply.
3. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the Tournament administrator. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. Be aware of the tides, winds and swell forecasts prior to launching.
4. Tournament is open to kayaks, paddleboards. NO MOTORS. The use of a boat or motorized water vehicle to transport your boat on the water is prohibited. All craft must be self-propelled.
5. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT- All fish must be landed by rod and reel, unassisted. The use of a gaff or landing net is legal. Just follow DFW rules!!!
6. Score will be conducted using the Kayak Fisherman of the Year point system. Your largest of each species will be measured either by yourself or by me at the check in station.
Your total combination of all species that you catch will be your grand total.
Lingcod = 5.5 points per inch(ppi) Rockcod = 8 ppi Halibut = 5.5 ppi Salmon = 5 ppi Cabezon = 8 ppi White Seabass = 4 ppi Barracuda = 5 ppi Surf Perch = 14 ppi
Flounder = 10 ppi Greenling = 13 ppi Calico Bass = 8 ppi Sand Bass= 8 ppi
Sheepshead = 8 ppi Striped Bass= 6 ppi
No Skates, rays, or sharks are eligible.
7. The entry fee of $30 per person.
8. As mentioned in Safety. There will be a team aspect which is there for safety. However the scoring of fish totals will be based on individual scores for prizes. Team scores will be added and there will also be an award to the top team as well as recognition at the awards ceremony.
9. All fish entered must be caught off/around Leffingwell Launch.
10. Any deviation from the rules will be cause for disqualification.
11. Launch will be at 6:30am. Official sunrise it 6:52am.
12. Weigh-In Deadline is 2:00pm SHARP, starting at 12:30pm at the top near the restrooms just above the launch at Leffingwell. Awards Ceremony will be held at 4:00PM on the hill above the launch.
13. Professional Guides may not be employed, in any manner, during the tournament to assist angler participants. Fishing with a guide will be cause for disqualification!
14. The organizers of the tournament reserve the right to refuse entry into the tournament by any participant.

The Rules and everything is up and good to go. Swag bags are getting pretty stuffed and looking nice.

Let the good times ROLL.
Big Hammer VIP
StinkMatt

Post by StinkMatt »

Roby and I are going!

I think George is going too.

Roby has a campsite reserved already, Comon boys lets go up there and have some fun. :mrgreen:
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

StinkMatt wrote:Roby and I are going!

I think George is going too.

Roby has a campsite reserved already, Comon boys lets go up there and have some fun. :mrgreen:

yep.......I'm in
steveooo

Post by steveooo »

In!

:twisted:
DerrickA2H

Post by DerrickA2H »

Hope i get to meet some of you guys up here the central coast is awesome! Make sure u got ur hali gear to theyre hangin out around the kelp every year some are caught throughout the summer
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

Found a crack on my hull yesterday so I'll be needing a new outback. So I guess that means I'll plan to be there. In the meantime I guess I'll fix that crack.