6/25/16 Baytubers MBF Cabrillo Beach Results

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Bellcon

6/25/16 Baytubers MBF Cabrillo Beach Results

Post by Bellcon »

Long story short…
Maybe we should have gone to La Jolla? :? :? :?
Or maybe we shouldn’t let Kevin fish with us anymore? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had 9 anglers show up for a beautiful bait making session at Cabrillo Beach.

Not one halibut was caught… other than a couple raked baits and Franks 15lber? lost at the boat :shock: , we are pretty sure halibut no longer live anywhere near the area. We fished inside, outside, deep and shallow bottom line? We suck or they don’t exist.

But hey the food was great! We had hamburgers, hotdogs and some tasty chicken, Along with chips, watermelon and brownies etc.
The bad news? Nobody took home the cash… The good news? Nobody took home the cash.

We now have $145.00 in the purse for next month’s tourney
Like Jorge said, It may get into the thousands if our collective skunk suckage continues.

Seriously
Great fishing with all you guys who showed up, it was an old school Baytubers vibe with some good story telling and munchies at the end…
Looking forward to next months get together!

A couple of the obligatory pics:

Never get tired of the Pedro light house!

It can't be said often enough... these guys move a helluva a lot faster than you would think

What do you think? 10 pounds? :lol: :lol:

3 of these sandy bastards was all she wrote for me today:

San Pedro best damn town on the west coast! 8-)

Steve

Mr. James

The Crew---Left to right:
Me - James - Leo - Kevin - Frank getting punished by Jorge - Sal - David, not shown was Steve who needed to get home before he fell asleep.

Had a great time
I mean you can catch big yellowtail at La Jolla just about anytime... but getting skunk at Cabrillo? priceless :mrgreen:
jorluivil

Re: 6/26/16 Baytubers MBF Cabrillo Beach Results

Post by jorluivil »

Great team photo!!
Last edited by jorluivil on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caden

Post by Caden »

Wow 3x in the row can't believe this
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

I'm really glad we didn't do LJ

Cabrillo is only 24miles from my house and I barely made it without falling asleep at the wheel, can't imagine what the 2hr drive back from LJ would have done to me.
AndyACE

Post by AndyACE »

Wow! Thought for sure someone would score. Looks like a good time as always. No squid at barge to help?
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

the day started off so promising...

birds and bait everywhere...

i thought this was a definite winner... until color...

this was bad from start to finish...

in the end, maybe their bellies were full of grunion (and an abundance of alternative bait everywhere), or they weren't there... (global warming, el Nino, la Nina, ancient aliens, whatever...), or we just plain suck... take your pick... we all fished hard and to the bitter end...

thanks guys, new faces and old, the food and company were great... lets do it again!
Starsky

Post by Starsky »

x2 great team photo, I cant believe the lady taking the picture kept telling us to suck it in? :lol:

Great times as always to be on the water with you guys, there are always new stories to tell and listen to. Food was great, thanks to all that contributed.

The only thing that sucked was the 405 traffic on the way home! over 2hrs to go 96 miles back to Lancaster and my body was running on fumes (not much sleep the night before). Probably should have taken a nap at cabrillo before battling traffic.

Looking forward to the next event, definitely dont want to miss it with the pot rising like powerball!
-Sal
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

Starsky wrote:x2 great team photo, I cant believe the lady taking the picture kept telling us to suck it in? :lol:

Great times as always to be on the water with you guys, there are always new stories to tell and listen to. Food was great, thanks to all that contributed.

The only thing that sucked was the 405 traffic on the way home! over 2hrs to go 96 miles back to Lancaster and my body was running on fumes (not much sleep the night before). Probably should have taken a nap at cabrillo before battling traffic.

Looking forward to the next event, definitely dont want to miss it with the pot rising like powerball!

I know the feeling, I'm only 24 miles from cabrillo and I was ready to pull off the freeway and tap a nap on the side of the road
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

yeah... i thought about you guys on my 3 min drive home... then fell asleep... :D
EastLosYaker

Post by EastLosYaker »

Great day! Can't wait for the next one!