4/23/16 Redondo Beach MBF Results

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Bellcon

4/23/16 Redondo Beach MBF Results

Post by Bellcon »

We had a total of 8 badass anglers show up to brave the elements and slay the halibuts today.
1. Jorluivil
2. Theluckypig
3. Fullrac
4. Bellcon
5. Starsky
6. Grant
7. Farmer
8. EastLosYaker

James had to leave early and Kevin had to show up late, and I think we all got off the water a little before closing time trying to beat the increasing wind and swell.

The 8 of us tried our best in the funky conditions to take down the reigning champ... but it wasn't meant to be.
Jorge is still da man even though he bailed on us and filled a cooler full of yummy rock fish.

Yep
a big group hug skunk session...Not one freakin halibut brought to the weigh station :lol:

So we settled in behind the lagoon to lick our stinky wounds and feed our empty bellies 8-)
Big thanks to Sandy Beach for delivering the roasted chicken it was warm and delicous, and thanks to everyone else for bringing something for the table. We had a pretty good little spread and as Tony, Jorge and I were getting ready to leave Ken showed up with some killer home made chips and guacamole :shock: my kids are enjoying some right now.

Looking forward to the next one...
I will post up some pics later
thanks again guys, I had a good time listening to the radio chatter (even though I suck at married with children trivia) and meeting up for the pot luck
It's just not a Baytuber event with out FOOD :mrgreen:
iceman

Re: 4/23/16 Redondo Beach MBF Results

Post by iceman »

Sounds fun, could not avoid work today :D
Starsky

Post by Starsky »

Had a great time as always, special shoutout to James who let me borrow a sabiki rig before he launched, and guided me to a pretty nice school of bait he was near.

My buddy Grant had a great time despite his first time being on a kayak in moderate swell. He is looking forward to coming back.

The potluck was a lot of fun afterwards and in my opinion the best part of these tournaments, whether we catch anything or not. Bill hooked us all up with rigs he got in thailand, and his salad/dip? Was delicious.

Im still always last on the water at launch but im trying to perfect my packing technique.

Thank you Don, James, Jorge and anyone else putting these together. Looking forward to the next event!

Ps James I have that sabiki wrapped up and ready to hand back to you, thanks again.
-Sal
theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

Starsky wrote:Ps James I have that sabiki wrapped up and ready to hand back to you, thanks again.
haha... that's yours to keep! you can pre-order for the next tournament... :D

it was great to fish with you all! next time we need to do some catching (or just follow jorge to the rockfish pile)!
fulrac

Post by fulrac »

Yeah baby!

theluckypig

Post by theluckypig »

what is that? the emperor's big fish...?
fulrac

Post by fulrac »

Look how far he's holding it out....whatta bullshitter!
AndyACE

Post by AndyACE »

Bummed I missed it. I would have dominated at married with children trivia :lol:
fulrac

Post by fulrac »

AndyACE wrote:Bummed I missed it. I would have dominated at married with children trivia :lol:

Sure about that? There were some hard ones....
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »