Tournament Results Cabrillo Beach 3/16/2014

Check here for upcoming tournament dates and past results.
Bellcon

Tournament Results Cabrillo Beach 3/16/2014

Post by Bellcon »

We had 21 anglers fishing today with 1 special guest, some old Pro named "Gabe".

Beautiful conditions with a glassy morning, little wind and bait available for those who wanted it, HORSE dines and a variety of macks.

We had 5 fish at the weigh in... I lost a big girl at color, Tony fed a seal and Greg gambled by releasing an eligible fish...

Tournament winner was Greg with a 9.15lb and a 7.40lb fish for a total of 16.55, good for $335.00
2nd place went to Joe G., "flyfishingmd" with a 12.99lb fish, which also gave him the BIG FISH win, good for $84.00
3rd place went to Jorge with a 12.30lb fish
4th place went to AndyACE who went old school, by passing the bait barge and making his own, even with a tank malfunction Andy placed with a 7.55lb fish

Congrats to all the winners and a big congrats to Greg, glad the gamble worked out for you! (I would have stuck that fish!) :lol:

Big time thank you to Mr. Jorge Sewer
The halibut tacos were freaking delicious! Eating them I was almost glad you won the last tourney :roll:
Seriously, thanks Jorge! You did a great job!

Also MUST mention the pesto shrimp by IN2Deep.... absolutely killer! I could have eaten another dozen!

And of course thanks to everyone for showing up and bringing such great attitudes and awesome food, we ate like kings on asphalt!

It has been awhile since we have had 20+ anglers show up for a tournament, it was great to see a few of the old crew and to meet so many new guys!
Big time thanks for your participation!

And again
Congrats to Mr. Greg "halibut" Barnicoat and to the "new" guy Joe, flyfishingmd who signed up at the last minute yesterday and then showed up and owned us with the big fish honors (Caught on plastic no less)

Thanks everyone
Looking forward to the next one! Greg and I will talk and let you know asap the where and when for the next Baytubers Tourney
(Greg what’s for lunch?)

Killer start;

A couple of these, some big lizards, the lost fish, and a palm size halibut describe my day :(

Andy working his fish, this guy is money at most every tournament!

Joes winning "big fish", it didn't need to be pretty, it just needed to weigh 12.99lbs!

Gregs stringer of jack pot fish, congrats Greg! (did Matt ever eat that lizard?)

Looking forward to next time!
paintnfish

Re: Tournament Results Cabrillo Beach 3/16/2014

Post by paintnfish »

Great turn out, congrats to the winners !
Caden

Post by Caden »

congrats Greg i miss it, damn work next 1 for sure i will be there to donate :lol:, yeah SGV is the winning
Last edited by Caden on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roby

Post by roby »

5 halibut weighed in only? So disappointing....

I thought I was going to see at least three 40lbers....

That lizard was huge though!!!

Haha...wish I was there.
gregandrew

Post by gregandrew »

Fun times as always, but it was a tough day out there. I am wore out. Paddle barely left my hands today. Got real lucky releasing my 2nd fish, but I felt pretty guilty gaffing the first small fish, so it got the reprieve. I also lost what felt like a very nice fish early in the day when I could not get either buried hook to set. The fish tried its damnedest to get caught by holding on to the bait and coming back a second time, but it was not to be. Congrats to Joe on the big fish on a Swimbait!
Bellcon

Post by Bellcon »

roby wrote:5 halibut weighed in only? So disappointing....

Haha...wish I was there.
Roby,
Baytuber rule 7738;
you can only talk smack if you were actually there! or you if have previously won a tournament.
Sorry neither apply to you!
:mrgreen:
alanhighhand

Post by alanhighhand »

Congratulations to the winners! Next time you guys have a tournament, I will be in it. I just got my kayak today.
steveooo

Post by steveooo »

Congrats Greg!
Slayersmith

Post by Slayersmith »

Congrats Greg! Sounds like fun was had by all!!! Hope to make the next one!!
jorluivil

Post by jorluivil »

Bellcon wrote:
roby wrote:5 halibut weighed in only? So disappointing....

Haha...wish I was there.
Roby,
Baytuber rule 7738;
you can only talk smack if you were actually there! or you if have previously won a tournament.
Sorry neither apply to you!
:mrgreen:

Speaking of rules, Matt and Tony must have forgotten about Baytuber Rule 7739.1: No fishing withing 10' of any kayaker who has landed a fish within the last 3minutes.